When You Have Old Doorknobs You Want to Use
Please note that Old Rose Trim Sets do not have a locking function and are meant to be used on doors where security is not an issue.
1. Check the type of locks on your doors.Your doors will have one of three types of hardware. Read about Removing Old Hardware from Your Doors
If your door has modern hardware, or it is pre-drilled, you can use these holes for installing Old Rose trim sets. If you have mortise locks or hybrid knob & lock sets you will need to remove the old hardware and drill a new hole for the Old Rose adaptor.
2. Look at your old doorknobs. First make sure they use a 1/4” spindle, which is the standard size for passage doors, then check to see if the set screws are still in place. Also read About Spindles & Attaching Doorknobs.
Make sure that your doorknobs have straight shanks that will fit into one of the Old Rose rosettes. See the gallery of Shank Styles in the Virtual Museum at WebWilson.com.
Remove the knobs from the spindles. If you can only remove one knob you can use the old spindle but you will need to read the section on Spindle Issuesfirst.
Measure the shank diameter of you doorknobs so you can choose a rosette that will fit.
3. Choose your Old Rose rosette. Go to the Rosettes Gallery and choose a style you like. Make sure the shank opening is wide enough to accept your doorknob. See the ORH Dimensions chart for all product dimensions.
Read about custom orders if you need a special size or design.
Check the Virtual Museum Galleries on WebWilson.com to learn more about antique hardware designs.
4. Choose the finish you prefer. Go to the Finishes page to choose the closest color match to your doorknobs.
5. Place your order. Log onto The Old Rose Storeand select the products and options you want. Please double check that you have selected the right shank size and the correct finish.
Remember: you can send your doorknobs to Old Rose Hardware and we will put together the proper trim sets for you.You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-508-0022 with your questions or comments.
|© 2011 Old Rose Hardware. A Web Wilson Antique Hardware Company.|